Personal Injury Questions
- I was injured in an accident; what should I do?
- I was injured in a car accident and it was not my fault; who will pay my medical bills?
- I was in a car accident; who will pay the repair costs?
- Can I Still Recover Compensation If I Wasn’t Wearing a Seatbelt?
- Who should I call first after an auto accident?
- How long does a personal injury case take?
- What does an insurance company consider when making a settlement offer?
- If I’ve already worked with my insurance company, can you still help me?
- Why does a case end up in litigation?
- How costly is the litigation process?
- What is the litigation process and how do I know if it’s good for my situation?
- How do you know if litigation is right for you?
- How is litigation different from any out of court processes like Collaborative Law and Mediation?
- Can I go from litigation to an out of court process, if I am already in the court process?
- How long will my case take if it proceeds through the courts?
Family Law/Divorce Questions
- What are the ground I can file for divorce in New York state?
- How do I know if it’s a good time to get divorced?
- Do I need to hire an attorney?
- How much will a divorce cost?
- How long will it take to get divorced?
- Who will get the kids?
- Will I have to go to court?
- What determines if alimony is to be paid?
- Can I move out of state after I file for divorce?
Elder Law Questions
- When would I need to hire an elder law attorney?
- Can I use Medicaid to help pay for bills?
- What if my loved one is already in a nursing home?
Estate Planning Questions
- What is “estate planning“?
- What goes into my estate plan?
- When should I have a Power of Attorney
- Why do I need an attorney for estate planning?
- Do I have to have property to have estate planning done?
- What is considered my estate?
- When forming a company, how do I choose between an LLC, a Corporation, and an S Corp?
- What is an LLC?
- What is a limited liability Partnership (LLP)?
- What is a Corporation?
- What is an S Corporation?
- What are the pros and cons of having a partner?
- How do I get my Tax ID?
- What kind of licensees, permits, registrations will I need to start my business?
- Do I need to have an attorney to help me with my paperwork?
- How do I buy out my partner should I need to?
Real Estate Law:
- Do I need an attorney when I buy a house?
- What expenses can the seller expect?
- What expenses can the buyer expect?
- Do I have to attend the closing?
- What can I expect for closing costs?
- What is a home inspection?
- What is title insurance and do I need it?
- What is APR?
- What is private mortgage insurance and do I need it?
- Do I need flood insurance?
- Is there a proper sequence to selling one’s house and buying a new house?
- What is the difference between DWI and DUI?
- Do I need an attorney if I got a DUI or a DWI?
- Will I lose my license?
- How long will a DWI stay on my license?
- Will I go to jail if I get a DWI?
- What is the average cost of a DWI/DUI?
- What happens once you are arrested?
- When do I need to hire an attorney?
- What should I look for when hiring the right attorney?
- How does Bail work?
- Does Bail money get returned?
- If I am falsely accused, do I need an attorney?
- What is expected at the first court arraignment?
- What is a misdemeanor? Possible result?
- What is a felony? Possible result?
- What can I do if I feel I was mistreated by the police?
- In criminal defense, what is the difference between state and federal court?
- Can I clear up an arrest warrant?